Tuesday, May 02, 2006

best weekend ever?

Progress is being made with the train guy! though he admonished me for having on sandals (and rolled the tire up my white pant leg possibly in an effort to reinforce his point), nevertheless we had a little chitty-chat about biking and he genuinely seemed impressed that I ride home rather than taking the train.

don't let my recent quietude fool you, these past few days have been awesome! immediately following work and a ride home on Friday we packed up the car and headed up into the mountains for some lively campfire family time. after one too many close calls with hot dogs on a 4-pronged skewer (are there laws about drunk people wielding flaming meat on a stick? there should be!), we called it an early night.

saturday morning started leisurely with some coffee and baby ogling. following eggs and toast, it was back down the rock slide (my poor car) and on to the trail for the most invigorating and draining first ride of the season. I have rarely in my life felt so bone-numbing tired, and I loved it. lots of rafters and kayakers out on a rather chilly morning. we *must* take up kayaking! after some recuperation and stretching, it was back in the car for the drive home.

showers and brief visit to the shop to ensure my car was still road-worthy (kind of), and we were off to Harrisburg, for a wildly colorful home tour and dinner with my sister and brother-in-law. ice cream was a necessity after dinner and we ended up at 3B where I had the most amazing ice cream, PB Supreme. they don't mess with sizes and what was handed to me (in a sugar cone, of couse) was a few stories high. my companions gasped, but I assured them that I was up the the task. we were then taken hostage (kind of), while my sister took us on a tour of downtown harrisburg, the harrisburg state hospital and various decent and sketchy neighborhoods of the city, all with detailed running commentary. we went from giddy with sugar to giddy with exhaustion to simply exhausted before we reached home.

sunday was a gorgeous sunny spring day that inspired me to clean the apartment and then take up residence on the balcony to read magazines. with brief breaks for phone calls and crystal light pink lemonade, that's all I did until DH and GA that evening.

quite possibly one of the best weekends ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home