Sunday, September 23, 2007

hoo-ray for sunday!

Being unemployed is really doing wonders for my ability to sleep in. I can remember, back in high school and college, being able to sleep until mid-day with the best of them. then, I can't recall when, I lost it. was it when I became accustomed to the 9 to 5 habit? when I stopped going out til the breaka breaka dawn? at some hormonally pre-programmed stage in my life? all I know is that, generally speaking, whether I go to bed at 9pm or 1am, I am awake and up between 6 and 7am.

until this past week, that is. yesterday, I slept til (gasp) 10am! sg was up and active by 8:45 and actually had to tiptoe to not disturb *me* for once!?! I was shocked, I tell you, shocked. this morning, I was rudely shaken awake and told "it's 8 o'clock". I thought, right, so hush up so I can get back to sleeping in! but as we had agreed to go for a long morning ride and test out the river trail, I figured I'd better rouse myself sometime during the morning.

the ride was definitely worth it, though I was nowhere near up to par. (not riding seriously for about 6 weeks will do that to a girl) how cool is it that an entire road is shut down for the use of bikers, walkers, bladers, etc.!? of course, if I had a vote, I'd prefer that more of the roads actually be biker-friendly (rather than biker-tolerant or downright hostile), but I'll not turn down a smooth, 4-lane tree-shaded stretch of pedaling perfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home