Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Miso happy:)

Fan-tastic! I just returned from a wonderfully interesting lecture presented for free at my friendly, neighborhood natural foods store. The speaker, who runs a macrobiotic center and cafe just north of us (tomorrow's field trip?), focused mainly on miso and yet covered and convincingly explained many of the ills currently plaguing our society. Though I thought I knew, I learned the keys to a nourishing miso soup (shock the miso? dilute it outside of the soup? who knew!?) In addition to that simple recipe, I learned to tell the difference between an aged and a young miso (and which is better nutritionally), why I should saute my kale instead of steaming it, more reasons for an alkaline diet and a more powerful alternative to kombucha. I don't know what I'm happier about, the cool things I learned or the fact that I have this resource (lectures every wednesday) available a block away for free!?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikaela said...

Well, dude... are you going to SHARE THIS INFORMATION? ;)

10:46 AM  
Blogger onkelo said...

maybe for a fee? yeah, see, I was thinking that might be a good way to generate income! think of me as your...consultant:)

12:04 PM  
Blogger urban vegan said...

So glad you're happy in QV!

I grew up in Shenandoah, PA, abotu 20 misn north of Pottsville, in Schuylkill County.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home